This month, Google released the latest version of their desktop application, AdWords Editor version 9. The new version brings features to the tool, once only available within the interface, like ad Sitelinks and mobile device targeting.
Version 9 also improves ability to find, switch between, and manage accounts and My Client Centers (MCCs) more efficiently (through drop-down menus). Importing and exporting of spreadsheets has also improved with the new version.
- Scalably manage Ad Sitelinks
- Improved Add/Update Multiple and Import CSV tools
- High-end mobile targeting options
- Improved management of multiple accounts and MCC accounts
- Improved management of negative keywords, placements, or audiences
The new release of Editor is welcomed by most PPC project managers. Overall, the new version is really good, but Google needs to continue to refine this tool to make it more efficient for large advertisers. One suggestion is to allow for more customization and the ability to turn-off features like “review changes” which can make the application feel cumbersome.
For a full list of changes, check out Google’s release notes.