An Agency Bill of Rights
It should be a given, but we have no trouble making the point again.
While this is written from a consumer stand-point, I thought it was a great way to think of the base of a great relationship between agencies as well and this is so well said, there’s really no need to try and re-invent the wheel.
Without further ado:
- I want to have a say.
- I don’t want to do business with idiots.
- I want to know when something is wrong, and what you’re going to do to fix it.
- I want to help shape things that I’ll find useful.
- I want to connect with others who are working on similar problems.
- I want to buy things on my schedule, not yours. I don’t care if it’s the end of your quarter.
- I want to know your selling process.
- I want to tell you when you’re screwing up. Conversely, I’m happy to tell you the things that you are doing well. I may even tell you what your competitors are doing.
- I want to do business with companies that act in a transparent and ethical manner.
- I want to know what’s next. We’re in partnership … where should we go?