Now Hiring a Graphic Designer
Are you a creative person with a confident eye for design? Do you have a passion for using visual art to tell powerful stories? Oneupweb is searching for a Graphic Designer to join our digital marketing team. The Graphic Designer will create engaging and compelling creative assets to support marketing and brand initiatives for our clients and internally for Oneupweb. They will work collaboratively with internal teams and external clients to convey brand messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner across all digital marketing platforms. Our ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, passionate, understands industry and company best practices, works well in a fast-paced team environment, and is a creative problem-solver.
We strongly prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to Traverse City but will consider highly qualified candidates who can work remotely from other Michigan locations.
- Seek creative art direction and create graphic designs for multiple client accounts and Oneupweb internally.
- Execute designs across different platforms for both digital and print environments.
- Develop effective, creative designs to connect with specific audiences.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Content, Paid Media, Video and Website Development) to develop marketing assets and ensure visual elements communicate brand messages.
- Maintain graphic standards for Oneupweb and our diverse clients.
- Ensure consistency across the visual presence of client and internal brands.
- Solicit feedback from stakeholders to improve designs and gain final approval.
- Adhere to design process and project timelines: create accurate, production-ready files, make edits/changes as required, submit files in a timely manner, and provide status updates.
- Keep up with industry and technology standards. Document and share your knowledge and perspective with your peers.
- Organize and prioritize tasks to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support Design Director in other internal and external initiatives as they arise.
- Contribute to company newsletters and blog content.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media design, fine arts or similar preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing, advertising, and/or graphic design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record supporting brand initiatives and developing designs that drive engagement and growth.
- Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- An artistic and confident eye for design, applicable to both print and web-based projects.
- Skilled understanding of typography, iconography, color theory, and visual composition.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to present your design decisions to clients.
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner, meet deadlines, and receive constructive feedback.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital/social platforms, trends, and content.
- Basic understanding of web accessibility standards preferred.
- UI/UX experience and familiarity with WordPress preferred.
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 20 years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.
If you’re interested in working for a company that offers competitive salary and benefits, flexible remote and hybrid work options, celebrates diversity, promotes individual and community growth, offers extensive professional development and has an unparalleled ‘Michigan nice’ company culture, look no further than Oneupweb.
We want to hear from you! Please visit our website at oneupweb.com to learn more about our business and culture and submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for this role, please also submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.