(*) Yes we’re trying and failing to be ironic here, please still be our friend.
Oneupweb is looking for a Web Developer who can write, develop and implement standards-compliant code to create dynamic web pages. This position will be part of a team dedicated to working with a variety of clients developing websites, microsites and landing pages.
We Need Somebody Who Can…
- Analyze and solve problems
- Develop and implement innovative websites, features and functionality
- Collaborate with teams of passionate and professional web designers and developers to deliver exceptional websites
- Maintain existing client websites within their respective frameworks
- Ability to improvise, troubleshoot, and learn new skills on the job
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate timelines
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites
- Demonstrate delight in finding solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team setting
Potential Candidates Should Have…
- As a primarily WordPress focused team, we are currently interested in expanding our team’s skillset to provide expert Drupal support and development. Experience maintaining & developing Drupal themes and plugins is desired.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to develop, customize and maintain WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Graphic editing skills utilizing Adobe’s Creative Suite
- Experience with responsive web development with an emphasis on user experience
- Database management systems experience considered an advantage
- Proficiency with Git distributed revision control system
- Working knowledge of web caching software (experience with Varnish would be an advantage)
And We’d Also Really Love It If You’ve Got…
- Magento and WooCommerce (or similar) experience
- Experience working with third-party APIs – SOAP, REST and other (Facebook and Twitter)
- SEO experience with a basic knowledge of Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Technically adept with general server (Linux) setup and maintenance
- Knowledge of Sitecore and/or Craft CMS considered a plus
- Experience with PHP templating engine Twig
- Working knowledge of domain registration, DNS & management and setting up and maintaining WordPress servers
- Ability to create technical specifications based on individual project needs
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with an amazing opportunity for those who have a passion for our industry. We offer a rewarding and casual, yet professional, work environment at the Grand Traverse Commons. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and visit our website at oneupweb.com to learn more about our business and culture. And one more thing, you must be willing to relocate to the Traverse City area.