SEO & Content Marketing Project Manager
Do you have a knack for making the mundane seem extraordinary? Can you craft a message that connects with readers? We’re seeking a writer and strategist who can adopt a brand voice to create compelling content. Projects include developing content strategy based on data, blogging, script writing, website copywriting, and social media writing.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer who thinks critically, communicates effectively, and has search engine optimization (SEO) experience or the ability to learn it. Additionally, candidates should be familiar with data analysis and feel comfortable presenting information to a (sometimes tough) audience. Spreadsheet prowess is a plus.
We tend to encounter more writers than experienced digital marketers or SEOs. Over the past 20 years, we’ve developed a phenomenal training curriculum that teaches great writers how to mine data, analyze web trends and, ultimately, produce content that achieves our clients’ goals. Our content marketing team is chock-full of ex-journalists, copyeditors, and communication specialists.
So if you’re a triple-threat marketer/writer/SEO, we definitely want to talk to you. And if you’re an experienced writer with a willingness to expand your skill set, we strongly encourage you to apply, too.
What You’ll Do
- Write engaging website, blog, and social media content quickly
- Work with other departments, such as web development, design, and video
- Develop short-term and long-term content strategies by analyzing data
- Become proficient with search marketing tools
- Monitor, analyze, and report on web traffic performance
- Present findings and propose strategy to clients and peers
- Educate clients and colleagues about the latest search marketing trends
You Need to Have
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- At least two years of content creation experience
- A keen eye for clean deliverables and consistent formatting
- Experience or interest in search engine optimization, including technical and data analysis skills
- A great sense of humor is a plus
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits, along with an amazing opportunity for those who have a passion for our industry. We offer a rewarding and casual, yet professional work environment in The Village at Grand Traverse Commons – Traverse City, Michigan.
While we’re mainly looking for those who are willing to relocate to Traverse City, we may consider remote positions for highly qualified candidates.
If interested, please submit your resumé, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and explore our website to learn more about our business and culture.