If you’re like us, you’re eagerly preparing for the upcoming Marketing Information and Technology Conference (MITcon) hosted by the International Franchise Association.
If you search “food in austin tx” you’ll be inundated with blogs, listicles, maps and more directing you where to go.
Instead of trying to navigate the SERP yourself, check out this easy-to-digest list of our favorites, all within walking distance of the downtown Hilton where MITcon is held.
Your Food Go-to in Austin
Let’s start with the most important things, first: FOOD! Here are the top-11 eateries within walking distance of the downtown Hilton:
- Easy Tiger, 0.2 miles – Coffee, beer, meats and bread make this stop good any time day or night.
- Moonshine Grill, 0.1 miles – Comfort food and cocktails abound at this restaurant close to the hotel with breakfast, lunch and dinner options.
- Uchi, 1.8 miles – This might be a bit of a walk for some, but we’re active people in northern Michigan, so we put it on the list. The stylish restaurant features contemporary Japanese food, sustainably sourced and fresh.
- Franklin Barbecue, 0.7 miles – This is the big name in barbeque in Austin. The chef is widely recognized as a “pit master.” If you love barbeque and want more options, try Terry Black’s Barbecue (1.4 miles), Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (0.4 miles) or Stubb’s Bar-B-Q (0.2 miles).
- Güero’s Taco Bar, 1.6 miles – Let’s face it, you’re not going to go to Austin and not eat tacos. This restaurant comes highly recommended by our CEO Fernando Meza who has been here a few times. Other options are Veracruz All Natural food truck (1.1 miles) and Uncle Julio’s (0.2 miles).
- Gus’s Fried Chicken, 0.3 miles – World. Famous. Fried chicken.
Austin Nightlife While at MITcon
When you’re not working, networking or learning at the conference, consider this list of the top-six bars / neighborhoods within walking / stumbling distance of the hotel to explore:
- Midnight Cowboy, 0.2 miles – This is one of the most well-known speakeasies in Austin. If you’re lucky enough to get in, enjoy!
- Mean-Eyed Cat, 1.7 miles – You don’t have to be a fan of Johnny Cash to enjoy this themed bar with indoor and outdoor seating.
- Rainey Street, 0.5 miles – This historic street is filled with choices for food, booze and museums to enjoy during your time in Austin.
- 6th Street, 0.1 miles – Famous “Dirty Sixth Street” is right next to the hotel, so it’s worth a visit just to say you did.
- Continental Club, 1.4 miles – When you want some live music, check out this hotspot.
- Alamo Drafthouse Ritz, 0.2 miles – Everyone’s tastes are different, so we thought we’d throw in a unique cinema & food option for you movie lovers.
We’ll See You There!
No matter how you spend your time in Austin, you’re sure to learn a lot at MITcon – like from our roundtable on content calendars – and enjoy all the city has to offer. Want to meet up? We’d be happy to grab tacos and margaritas, just reach out.