Top Ten StraightUp Posts of 2007
With Christmas behind us and a new year closing in fast, it’s a good time to take a look back at 2007, StraightUpSearch™ style.
We’ve blogged on a vast array of online marketing topics in the past 12 months, and to celebrate our StraightUp and steadfast gaze on the internet marketing landscape, I have compiled a Top Ten list of our most popular blog posts from 2007. Drum roll please…
10. Does Online Success Justify MLB/DirecTV Deal? – A pre-Mitchell-Report Major League Baseball enters into an exclusive partnership with DirecTV. Learn how the league’s internet division fostered the deal.
9. The Fantastic Four: Google, Yahoo, MSN & Ask – Once again, art imitates life or vice-versa. We compare the major search engines to the Fantastic Four’s silver screen sequel, so you know which has the power to save your search experience.
8. Black Friday, Cyber Monday & The Holiday Retail Sales Forecast – Brick-and-mortar stores and online retailers will always have one thing in common: Thanksgiving weekend – the litmus test for the holiday shopping season.
7. Panama! (Yahoo, not Van Halen) – Little did we know when this was posted that the legendary rock group would choose 2007 as the year to reunite. Did the title of Yahoo’s new and improved search marketing platform spark the decision to get the band back together? Only Eddie and Alex know the truth.
6. Windows Vista – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Move your favorite Spaghetti Western theme song to the top of your playlist, then dive into our own System Admin’s account of his first impressions of Microsoft’s new operating system.
5. Thank You for being a Friend – Explore how the basic human relationship of friendship has been affected by the internet, specifically social networks such as MySpace.
4. iCrossing Layoffs – So Many Questions! – This was, without a doubt, our most commented-on blog post of 2007.
3. Vertical vs. Horizontal Search – Can highly targeted, vertical search engines provide traffic and conversions? Read this post to find out.
2. Unmasking the Decepticon: TransformersMovie.com Battles Usability – Even robots have usability issues. Especially robots in disguise of a much-hyped summer blockbuster.
1. CSS Table Tutorial – A little CSS inspiration for web designers searching for a cleanly coded table chart.
And that’s our Top Ten list for 2007. Special thanks to our readers who return for a daily dose of StraightUpSearch.
We hope to see you all again in the New Year!