Each year in the U.S., 200,000 Americans of all ages are diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease. The inherited kidney condition in which cysts develop in the kidneys, affects all ages, has no cure, and causes numerous complications. Many who suffer from it chronically will experience kidney failure by age 60.
The PKD foundation is the sole organization dedicate to finding treatments and a cure for PKD.
We knew you truly cared about our project, us and our people. Everything you have done for us has been top notch, we really do think of Oneupweb as a part of our family!
- Mark Solis, Digital Marketing Manager
- SERVE THE PKD COMMUNITY: The ultimate goal of this site is to improve the lives of those affected by PKD. Period.
- GET PEOPLE INVOLVED: We built a website that drives sign-ups for events and encourages grass-roots action for the PKD community
- IMPROVE USER EXPERIENCE: Our website was designed with the user in mind to improve time on site, usability and searchability.
- GROW EMAIL LIST: In order to keep the community informed, our ultimate website action is email signup to continue receiving regular information about the PKD Foundation
- DRIVE FUNDRAISING: In order to serve the members, a top-priority was to make it easy to give what users can afford in a user-friendly and enticing way.
The PKD Foundation redesign project is a highly complex web application connecting with multiple APIs to handle geolocation of members and events, integration with membership and donation programs, and a one-of-a-kind site editor allowing for rich media and content. The massive scale of the project required new optimization and performance techniques to allow for a fluid and friendly user experience, while still allowing for image-heavy designs and subtle UI animation.
- Paul HouseR, Lead Developer
Very helpful and easy-to-use!