As digital marketers prepare for the new guidelines (WCAG 2.1) here are some tips to keep in mind when designing for handicap and disability accessibility:
– Be mindful that for people using devices like a screen reader, scrolling is difficult and annoying.
– Make sure you’re using a large enough size for body copy.
– Don’t use only color to indicate a form error.
– Don’t hide links or action items under hover states.
– Higher contrast between background color and type colors makes it easier to read for all users, but especially for those with vision problems.