Account Manager of New Business Development
The Account Manager of New Business Development is an integral part of the Oneupweb team and reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. The primary duties are to interest prospects in Oneupweb’s digital marketing services and explain how their company can benefit from such services while also addressing any questions or concerns that may arise resulting in the generation of new business for Oneupweb. Much of the Account Manager’s time is spent contacting inbound leads generated by advertising, Oneupweb.com and events attended by the New Business Development team. Although many leads are inbound, another aspect of this position is to research and target prospects by means of lead generation and outreach. Additionally, the position is responsible for aiding in client retention, expansion and referral business.
The Account Manager of New Business Development must take a lead role in the development of digital marketing strategies and be able to deliver broad-based digital marketing solutions to prospective clients. We need one who is equally hands on as they are strategic and must have an innate ability to instill that trust and confidence with prospective client across a wide variety of industries. With significant client exposure, this position is part of the pitch to win business and will partner with other internal teams including but not limited to: insights, strategy, creative, analytics and media. One must have a command of the intricacies and specifics involved in online marketing. Obtaining information from Directors, Project Managers & Account Management teams is also essential when drafting and creating the final proposal. A deep understanding of the time, scope & cost of a client project is also needed and has to be communicated efficiently both internally and externally to create a cohesive strategy and proper execution. This is a mission-critical role with significant growth opportunities.
- Follow up on sales leads and write custom proposals based on the business objectives of prospects.
- Participate in trade shows, new business pitches or national account presentations.
- Participate in managing client relationships throughout projects.
- Collaborate on sales tools, marketing ideas or new service development.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of online marketing, technology and advertising.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to speak to both the marketing and sales part of business.
- The ability to thrive in an agency environment.