Featuring The One and Only Sara Ariza
Sara Ariza, Vice President
Reading “Ogilvy on Advertising” in college solidified that I chose the right major. Working in my first agency role in Chicago confirmed I found the right career. My focus was on leading marketing strategy for the agencies top-tier financial, education and hospitality clients all the way to execution. Taking big-picture thinking and putting pen to paper in executing proposals and actionable plans. Well over a decade later, digital marketing has kept me curious and fulfilled by the steady stream of challenges businesses face – and the agency operations required to meet them. I enjoy creating many of the protocols for our work, with plenty of flex and collaboration in mind produce not only great work but make work great! Oof, is that cheesy or what?
- What’s your average day like at Oneupweb?
- Always a few one-on-ones with our leadership and account teams. Getting excited about an idea or strategy they came up with. Managing various aspects of our financial strategy and opportunities. Spotting something in our process that could be developed or be better – and making it happen.
- What do you like most about Oneupweb?
- The culture of learning and educating. We don’t hoard knowledge; we all learn from one another.
- What do you do when you’re not at work?
- Spend time with my husband and two boys. Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sailing, exploring new music on Spotify and lots of TV. I love TV.
- What are life’s simple pleasures?
- Singing in your car (and NOT turning the music down when you pull up to a stoplight). Seasonal drugstore candy. Getting up really early on the weekend and telling everyone you got so much done and they aren’t even out of bed.
- Describe yourself in three words?
- Tenacious. Positive. Practical.