Hiring Video Editor / Producer
Oneupweb is seeking a Video Editor / Producer with a proven track record of working in creative environments and delivering on client deadlines. The ideal candidate has a wide breadth of video editing capabilities including motion graphics and animation. Oneupweb’s video production department has a healthy roster of clients that range in need scope from broadcast productions to social asset deliverables. Experience in agency settings is a plus, but not required. The ideal candidate will have blended responsibilities from being lead as a post-production editor while also having the opportunity to collaborate in multiple stages of the creative process as well. A good candidate for this role is organized, has great time-management skills, and communicates well with a team. The role requires travel occasionally. It’s a dynamic role, in a dynamic department, with a unique opportunity to play a key role in the development of a best-in-class in-house production company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Produce and edit content for all Oneupweb properties and clients – internal and external
- Utilize basic design principles to create accessible content that complies with brand standards
- Implement best practices in content creation, bearing in mind requirements for social and web platforms
- Act as primary/supporting videographer for some client productions
- Conduct client discoveries that help create compelling storylines
- Scriptwriting for short and long format features
- Support content marketing retainer clients with social asset production
- Lead video shoots including multi-cam directing/producing for some of our in-house productions
- Follow workflows to streamline production and post-production process
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Broadcast Production, Communication, Film/Digital Media or related field
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proficiency as an editor – both video and audio, including file management within a shared network
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite – including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of overall graphic design principles, typography, color, motion and layout
- Ability to capture the essence of a story by acting as a producer in various situations (interviews, on-site at events, etc.)
- Creative videographer/photographer comfortable with various types of UHD cameras/video production equipment
- Experience with a live broadcast or video production company is a plus.
- The ability to work under stringent deadlines and quickly adapt to change.
- Script-writing ability for short and long formats and video production.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- 5+ years of experience in Video Post-Production
- Agency experience, broadcast media, or direct-to-consumer experience preferred.
- Exceptional understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Advanced understanding of post-production, editing and audio
- Ability to visualize and tell an impactful story within seconds.
- Strong knowledge of current industry trends on channels, social media, OTT, etc.
- Experience in a similar position within an agency, online or broadcast TV atmosphere
- Meticulously organized and able to juggle multiple projects and deliverables at various stages in their lifecycle
- Passion for streaming, broadcast TV and pop-culture
- Ability to work with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills
- 360 campaign mindset
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 20 years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.
If you’re interested in working for a company that offers competitive salary and benefits, remote and hybrid work options, celebrates diversity, promotes individual and community growth, offers extensive professional development and has an unparalleled ‘Michigan nice’ company culture, look no further than Oneupweb.
We want to hear from you! Please visit our website at oneupweb.com to learn more about our business and culture and submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.