Are You a JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER Who Dreams of Coding Electric Sheep?
Oneupweb is looking to hire a Junior Web Developer willing to evolve into a WordPress master!
What you will do …
- Monthly maintenance retainer work.
- Update WordPress core and plugins in a local environment, test in a staging environment and release to product upon successful testing.
- Support development team in completing project tasks in a timely manner.
- Participate in occasional client meetings.
- Test website functionality across latest browsers and devices and submit issues via our issue tracker.
- Compare built websites against designed templates provided by the design team.
- Implement UX adjustments and suggestions to websites.
- Implement website accessibility updates and communicate with our accessibility expert(s) to provide best possible accessibility adherence.
- Participate in peer reviews.
Your skills must include …
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with GIT repositories (GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket)
- Proficient in HTML/CSS (SCSS) and Bootstrap elements
- Responsive web development
- Accessibility standards
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with others in person and online
Bonus skills and experience:
- Work experience with OOP
- Experience optimizing WordPress-based websites (image compression and performance)
- Adobe XD
- Knowledge in PHP and MySQL
- React/Angular experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction
- Excellent time management skills
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with an amazing opportunity for those who have a passion for our industry. We offer a rewarding and casual-yet-professional work environment in The Village at Grand Traverse Commons. If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website to learn more about our business and culture.