Hiring Human Resources Coordinator
Are you looking for a fun, collaborative, team-focused work environment? Do you have a passion for helping people and organizations reach their goals? Oneupweb is looking for a professional, compassionate, and results focused Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. The HR Coordinator will have a direct impact on the organization by helping Oneupweb recruit and retain engaged, productive, and rewarded employees. Successful candidates will have broad knowledge of Human Resources compliance and best practices, exceptional relationship building skills and strong administrative, IT and organizational competences.
This is a full-time exempt position reporting to Oneupweb’s CEO. The position can be performed in-office/remotely as determined by business needs but will require a frequent presence at our headquarters in Traverse City, MI.
· Perform HR administrative tasks to support human resource programs including recruiting, benefits, leave, performance management, recognition and morale, health and safety, and training and development.
· Respond to employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers, referring more complex or sensitive issues to the manager or other appropriate leader.
· Work within the HRIS system and employee personnel files to maintain accurate, compliant employee records.
· Administer Employee Benefits, including executing the annual open enrollment process, assisting new hires in understanding benefits options, enrolling new hires, disenrolling terminations, and performing monthly benefit audits to ensure accuracy.
· Lead Talent Acquisition, including managing job postings, assist in reviewing candidates, scheduling/completing initial phone interviews, recommending qualified candidates to the hiring team, and reporting candidate status to managers.
· Administer the onboarding/orientation process, new hire document management, and coordinate New Hire Orientation Training sessions.
· Work with department heads to create and continually update internal training and development plans, resources, and tools.
· Assist with employee recognition and engagement programs, communication tools and special events/functions.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment, benefits, pay and leave laws and regulations.
· Perform administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes, including hiring, resignations, terminations, and leaves of absence.
· Conduct or assist with HR record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, and other compliance reviews.
· Provide day-to-day performance management guidance, and policy interpretation on a range of HR issues to managers and staff (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Review and approve written warnings, performance improvement plans, and terminations to ensure compliance with the EEOC, FLSA, ADAAA, FMLA, and harassment prevention policies.
· Develop job description templates for all positions; track and maintain updated job description files.
· Assist with implementing and maintaining 90 day and annual performance review process.
· Develop, update, and maintain employee policies, including the Employee Handbook.
· Assist with payroll and Paid Time Off administration as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3 years’ experience working in Human Resources administration.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Experience using an HRIS and online portals to manage benefits.
· Knowledge of current employment law, compliance, and HR best practices.
· Ability to complete tasks with an extremely high degree of accuracy and efficiency while maintaining strict confidentiality.
· Results oriented and efficient, operating with an appropriate sense of urgency.
· Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
· Ability to quickly learn new technology and work in a technology rich environment.
· Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and with tact with management, staff, job candidates, and outside vendors.
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national, and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 20 years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.
If you’re interested in working for a company that offers competitive salary and benefits, remote and hybrid work options, celebrates diversity, promotes individual and community growth, offers extensive professional development and has an unparalleled ‘Michigan nice’ company culture, look no further than Oneupweb.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Traverse City, MI 49684: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location