Now Hiring SEO Web Developer
Do you enjoy the intersection of SEO and web development? We’re looking for an SEO Web Developer to join our digital marketing agency, and that could be you.
In this specialized role, you’ll use your SEO and development expertise to support our SEO and Content Marketing team’s technical SEO efforts and improve our clients’ website performance. Think: Core Web Vitals optimizations, event tracking support, XML sitemap improvements, interactive content creation, and more.
As an SEO engineer, you must enjoy developing and implementing technical strategies and feel comfortable presenting information to a (sometimes tough) audience. Benefits include a competitive salary, generous PTO package, and other perks – keep scrolling, it’ll be great.
We strongly prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to Traverse City but will consider qualified candidates who can work remotely in Michigan. Local employees enjoy flexible remote and hybrid work.
- Diagnose, optimize, and maintain existing websites for improved search engine performance and UX.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, linking, and other factors to improve technical SEO.
- Implement website content that may require custom elements.
- Help with website event tracking through custom code and/or Google Tag Manager.
- Present to clients, serving as a key technical SEO expert/advocate for Oneupweb.
- Stay informed about industry updates and help the SEO & Content Marketing team prepare for these changes.
- Manage and communicate timelines effectively.
- 1-2 years of proven technical SEO experience.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Working knowledge of web caching applications.
- Working knowledge of Page Experience scores and Core Web Vitals and how to optimize websites for these.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
- A great sense of humor is a plus!
Other Preferred Experience
- Google Analytics certification and GA4 knowledge.
- Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce development experience.
- Google Tag Manager proficiency.
- Google Looker Studio experience (even better if integrated with BigQuery).
- UX testing experience.
- Flywheel and/or WP Engine experience.
- Familiarity with Git or other versioning control systems.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of various development environments: local, staging, production.
- Understanding of what CD/CI does.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent PTO package
- Summer Fridays (every other Friday off)
- Flexible remote and hybrid work options
- Celebrated diversity
- Resources for individual and community growth
- Extensive professional development
- Unparalleled “Michigan nice” company culture
We want to hear from you! Submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 20+ years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.