Now Hiring an SEO Specalist
Are you obsessed with SEO? Do you geek out over Google Analytics and keyword research? Oneupweb is seeking an SEO Specialist to join our growing digital marketing agency. In this role you will use your SEO expertise to plan and deliver engaging content that will achieve our clients’ marketing goals. Our ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of digital marketing, a passion for SEO, a creative spirit and effective communication skills. The SEO Specialist must excel in data analysis, enjoy developing content strategies and feel comfortable presenting information to a (sometimes tough) audience.
We strongly prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to Traverse City but will consider highly qualified candidates who can work remotely from other Michigan locations. Local employees enjoy flexible remote and hybrid work.
- Develop short-term and long-term content strategies by analyzing data.
- Perform technical SEO audits; recommend and implement changes.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Track and report website analytics and share key highlights with the team.
- Create and deliver audits and reports for a variety of stakeholders.
- Present findings and propose strategy to clients and peers.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as web development, design, and video.
- Optimize copy across websites for search engine optimization.
- Identify content opportunities for client blogs through keyword research and competitor analysis.
- Work closely with web development and design team to improve user experience of websites.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Serve as a key SEO expert/advocate for Oneupweb.
- Educate clients and colleagues about the latest SEO trends.
- 1-2 years of proven SEO experience.
- Experience with website analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience with SEO tools (ahrefs, SEMrush, etc.)
- Knowledge of ranking factors, search engine algorithms, and technical SEO.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Certification in Google Analytics preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A great sense of humor is a plus!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent PTO package
- Summer Fridays (every other Friday off)
- Flexible remote and hybrid work options
- Celebrated diversity
- Resources for individual and community growth
- Extensive professional development
- Unparalleled “Michigan nice” company culture
We want to hear from you! Please visit our website at oneupweb.com to learn more about our business and culture. Submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 20 years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.