Now Hiring a Senior SEO and Content Marketing Manager
Are you a passionate SEO enthusiast? Do you find yourself immersed in the world of Google Analytics and keyword research? Oneupweb is in search of an SEO Specialist to become a valuable addition to our digital marketing agency. In this role, you’ll apply your expertise to crafting and executing content strategies that will drive our clients’ marketing objectives. Our ideal candidate should possess a keen knowledge of multi-channel digital marketing, SEO, creativity and exceptional communication abilities. The SEO Specialist should be comfortable with analyzing data, reviewing websites for technical SEO errors, and crafting content strategies. They should also be at ease when presenting information to clients.
While we strongly prefer candidates who are open to relocating to Traverse City, we are open to considering exceptionally qualified individuals who can work remotely from other Michigan locations. Our local team members enjoy the flexibility of remote and hybrid work arrangements.
- Craft compelling, optimized, quality content for a wide variety of clients.
- Self-review and peer-review content for spelling, grammar, tone, voice and clarity.
- Ensure content adheres to brand standards while consistently maintaining SEO best practices.
- Develop and execute comprehensive SEO/content and cross-channel marketing strategies to increase organic search visibility, website traffic and lead generation.
- Follow established processes and work collaboratively to improve processes.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define project objectives, KPIs and tailored strategies.
- Prepare and present reports and strategy recommendations to clients, peers and a variety of stakeholders.
- Build/adjust strategies based on keyword research, competitive analyses, website performance data, search data and industry research.
- Attend sales discoveries and pitches as necessary. Support client onboarding tasks including reviewing project time and cost estimates.
- Participate in the Annual Planning process for clients.
- Participate in post-project actualization.
- Attend internal and client meetings as necessary to oversee strategy.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, when possible, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Develop 1-3 specialties in your role that drive internal process or service development.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least four years of experience in SEO and content marketing. A focus on strategy development and execution is preferred.
- Self-motivation, proactiveness and a passion for staying current on industry trends and emerging SEO and content marketing strategies.
- A keen eye for clean content deliverables and consistent formatting.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful SEO and content marketing strategies that have driven organic search visibility, website traffic and lead generation.
- Experience using SEO and data analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Semrush, Screaming Frog or similar platforms.
- Strong digital literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data to make decisions and optimize campaigns.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex SEO and content marketing concepts to clients and internal teams.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, collaborate and meet tight deadlines.
- A great sense of humor is a plus!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Competitive PTO package
- Summer Fridays (every other Friday off in summer)
- Flexible remote and hybrid work options
- Celebrated diversity
- Resources for individual and community growth
- Professional development opportunities
- Unparalleled “Michigan nice” company culture
We want to hear from you! Please visit our website at oneupweb.com to learn more about our business and culture. Submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oneupweb is a Michigan-based digital marketing agency with widespread impact. From our headquarters in beautiful Traverse City, we work with local, national and international clients across a wide spectrum of industries, managing everything from content marketing to enterprise website design and development. We love what we do, and we’ve been doing it successfully for 25 years.
We have the perfect mix of left-brained analytical thinkers and right-brained creatives, and an unparalleled work ethic – we’re salt-of-the-earth types who invest fully in our clients. More than just professional marketers, we’re also active members of the community, continual learners, outdoor enthusiasts, pet lovers, foodies and craft beer drinkers.