The Benefits of Video Marketing for Every Kind of Business
While a catchy tagline and a polished image in a magazine might have captivated audiences in years past, the days of static content have gone by the wayside. From news outlets to social media platforms, more publishers are adopting a video-first approach to providing content. Consumers spend more time interacting with screen media than ever, averaging over 11 hours each day. (During the pandemic, that number hit an astonishing 19 hours due to lockdown restrictions.)
Effective video marketing strategies – not to mention great content – can put your brand, products and services in front of the right audience while making the right impression. Learn more about the importance of video marketing and the success it can provide for your business’s marketing strategy.
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing (like all content marketing) is about creating great content and delivering it in an efficient, informative and entertaining way. Both B2C and B2B marketing teams are expanding video’s role in their digital strategy.
At its core, video marketing is as simple as making a great video and using either native assets (like your website) or platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, various social media platforms, and display networks to put content in front of the right people. The better the video’s quality, structure, entertainment value, and promotion strategy, the more likely it is to reach and engage target audiences.
Growth of Video Marketing
Since 2016, the number of businesses using online video marketing has increased from 61% to 86%. One of the reasons is that some of the biggest marketing platforms have majorly emphasized video. For example, Instagram’s Reels and IGTV – both video streams that compete with TikTok – show how social media is becoming yet another video outlet.
You already know the most prominent player. As of 2021, YouTube has over 2.3 billion users worldwide, making it the second-biggest social platform behind Facebook. And YouTube is much more than a social media platform. Since Google acquired it in 2006, it’s tapped into its parent company’s resources to become the second-biggest search engine in the world, handling more searches per month than Bing, AOL, Yahoo, and Ask.com combined. That’s the power video holds.
Why Video Marketing Works
TV used to be the most common source of screen time, limiting our media consumption to when we were home in our living room. Now, we carry our screens with us around the clock in the form of laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Because of that accessibility, there’s much more content to consume. With 500 hours of content being uploaded to YouTube every minute, and TikTok users watching 167 million hours of videos on the app during any given minute, it’s no wonder we can’t break away from our screens.
How Effective Is Video Marketing?
Is that ad interrupting your YouTube video successful? Chances are, yes. Across the board, video marketing has proven effective for marketers in any industry.
Video marketing has an impressive effect on the consumer especially, and here are the video marketing statistics to prove it:
- 95% of consumers retain information communicated to them in video form, while only 10% retain information from reading.
- Companies that use video marketing see 41% more organic traffic than those that don’t.
- Video is 2 times more effective than text in improving a consumer’s product evaluation.
- Nearly 50% of online users search for product videos before visiting the store’s site to buy the product.
- 90% of consumers indicate that product videos directly inform purchase decisions.
- Consumers who have viewed a video ad for a product are 85% more likely to make a purchase.
- Video content on social platforms generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Video marketing solutions have tremendous potential. Whether you’re explaining to your audience how to cook a delicious dinner using one of your products or simply developing your brand, video marketing has proven successful time and time again.
Looking for a video marketing partner?
Looking for a video marketing partner?
Why Video Marketing So Powerful
What makes video marketing so impactful? Why are video advertisements so much more successful than static images paired with text?
No matter how well-written the copy or how beautiful the image is, video still outperforms traditional media forms for many reasons.
Here are seven reasons why video marketing is so effective:
- Video is engaging – Which holds your attention longer: a framed poster on the wall or an episode of a television series? While this is a drastic comparison, video is highly effective in retaining the modern user’s attention span. Consumers are 27 times more likely in the first place to click on a video ad than a static banner ad.
- Video comprises all other mediums – Why do video marketing solutions outperform imagery, podcasts, infographics and text? Because any of these mediums can be included in a video. If you choose one medium, choose the one that can do it all.
- Video conveys things that static content can’t – While it might seem obvious, video can do much more than an image and text. Video allows the consumer to observe body language, verbal tone and other visual cues.
- Video content has less competition in the SERP – If you search for “How to prepare brown rice” in a search engine, your search will likely return hundreds of pages with text that say something about brown rice. But with fewer videos on the internet than written content, videos are 45 times more likely to rank on the first page of search results than text results, especially with proper SEO optimization.
- B2B video marketing helps explain your value proposition – 94% of marketers say that videos have helped their customers understand their product.
- B2C video marketing is your online sales rep – 66% of consumers prefer watching a video to reading about a product.
- Use it anywhere – One of the benefits of video marketing is its versatility. Use raw video files to reinvent and optimize content for different applications, from YouTube to social media to traditional TV ads, too.
Why You Need Video Marketing
Why use video marketing? Aside from appealing to the majority of your audience and even to Google’s preferences, integrating video into your marketing strategy will provide you with the kind of long-term results that help your business flourish.
Four of the most important benefits are:
- Building trust with your audience. Video allows you the opportunity to connect with your audience on a more personal level. Your audience will likely have a greater emotional connection to it. This helps to create a loyal audience that’s more inclined to trust and engage with your content long-term.
- Improving your position ranking. Over time, the increased engagement, and visibility of your video content will also help improve the ranking of your overall site. (The more your brand is seen as a reliable and trustworthy source, the better your long-term rankings will be.)
- Increasing brand awareness and visibility. Because video content is so much more likely to be shared, it’s much more effective for building brand awareness. And the more that people positively engage with your content, the better your brand image is seen.
- Higher ROI. While producing video content isn’t necessarily inexpensive to start, the return on investment is high. Between higher engagement, increased conversions and a boost in traffic overall, these results quickly outperform the initial investment. But what’s even more important is the long-term benefits of increased audience relationships and adaptability of video content.
Does Professional Video Marketing Pay Off?
Big time. Using a professional video production team opens up marketing options surrounding content like this:
- Brand videos
- Campaign videos
- Product videos
- Animated ads and motion graphics
- How-to videos
It’s worth the investment too. For example, 74% of users who watched a how-to video on a product page went on to make a purchase. Even when users don’t convert immediately, there are long-term benefits. 57% of consumers said that videos give them more confidence in brands they shop online.
Do It for Google
Google is all about videos these days. Not only can videos keep users on your site longer and convert more often, but they can also drive more quality traffic to your site in the first place. Sites with an embedded video are 53 times more likely to show up first on Google than those without embedded video. Google also uses videos in their featured snippet, which is a search result highlighted at the top of the page.
Do It for Mobile Users
Folks watching videos are often on the move. Growing access to Wi-Fi and fast mobile networks have enabled this movement. Today, more than 90% of consumers watch videos from their phones. With 5G expected to bring even faster internet access to mobile devices, this trend isn’t going anywhere.
Explore Our Video Content Marketing Services
Ready to enhance your video marketing strategy? Our experienced video marketing team has a full toolkit of video marketing solutions from stop-motion graphics and 3D animation to professional live action. But don’t just take our word for it—take a look at some of the stellar work we’ve done.
Show your customers who you really are. Get in touch to set aside time to chat or give us a call today!