The Benefits of Video Marketing for Every Kind of Business
While a catchy tagline and a polished image in a magazine might have captivated audiences in years past, the days of static content have gone by the wayside. From news outlets to social media platforms, more publishers are adopting a video-first approach to providing content. In fact, we consumers spend more time than ever interacting with screen media, averaging over11 hours each day.
Effective video marketing strategies – not to mention great content – can put your brand, products, and services in front of the right audience while making the right impression.
Why Video Marketing Works
TV used to be the most common source of screen time, limiting our media consumption to when we were home in our living room. Now, we now carry our screens with us around the clock in the form of laptops, tablets, and smartphones. That means more access, different forms of content, and different formats designed to meet package information and entertainment based on the audience.
In addition to ease of accessibility, there’s also a whole lot more content to be consumed. With 500 hours of content being uploaded to YouTube every minute, and TikTok users watching 167 million hours of videos on the app in a sample minute, it’s no wonder we can’t break away from our screens.
For marketers, this means adapting static content to become more dynamic. After all, if your YouTube video was interrupted by an ad with a static image and a few lines about a product, it would be less than captivating.
The Success of Video Marketing
Is that ad interrupting your YouTube video successful? Chances are, yes. Across the board, video marketing has proven effective for marketers in any industry.
Video marketing has an impressive effect on the consumer, and here are the numbers to prove it:
- 95% of consumers retain information communicated to them in video form, while only 10% retain information from reading.
- Companies that use video marketing see 41% more organic traffic than those that don’t.
- Video is 2 times more effective than text in improving a consumer’s evaluation of a product.
- Nearly 50% of online users search for product videos prior to visiting the store’s site to buy the product.
- 90% of consumers indicate that product videos directly inform purchase decisions.
- Consumers who have viewed a video ad for a product are 85% more likely to make a purchase.
- Video content on social platforms generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Video marketing solutions have tremendous potential. Whether you’re explaining to your audience how to cook a delicious dinner using one of your products or simply developing your brand, video marketing is a marketing strategy that has proven successful time and time again.
Looking for a video marketing partner?
Why is Video Marketing So Successful?
What makes video marketing so impactful? Why are video advertisements so much more successful than static images paired with text? Here are a few reasons that video marketing is so effective:
- Video is engaging – Which holds your attention longer: a framed poster on the wall or an episode of a television series? While this is a drastic comparison, it’s true that the combination of audio and visual together makes video highly effective in retaining the modern user’s attention span. In fact, consumers are 27 times more likely to click on a video ad than a static banner ad.
- Video comprises all other mediums – Why do video marketing solutions outperform imagery, podcasts, infographics and text? Because any of these mediums can be included in a video. As a digital powerhouse, taking advantage of diverse means of communication. If you choose one medium, choose the one that can do it all.
- Video conveys things that static content can’t – While it might seem obvious, video can do a lot more than an image and text can. Video allows the consumer to observe body language, verbal tone and other visual cues. Text and imagery can do this, but they rely on exact word choice and precise image selection to convey the same things.
- Video content has less competition in the SERP – If you search for “How to prepare brown rice” in a search engine, your search will likely return hundreds of pages with text that say something about brown rice. But with fewer videos on the internet than written content, videos are 45 times more likely to rank on the first page of search results than text results, especially with proper SEO optimization.
- B2B video marketing helps explain your value proposition – 94% of marketers say that videos have helped their customers understand their product.
- B2C video marketing is your online sales rep – 66% of consumers prefer watching a video to reading about a product.
- Use it anywhere – One of the most important benefits of video marketing is its flexibility. Use raw video files to reinvent and optimize content for different applications, from YouTube to social media to traditional TV ads, too.
No matter how well-written the copy or how beautiful the image is, video still outperforms traditional media forms for many reasons.
Our Video Marketing Process
Ready to launch your brand into motion with video marketing? Our video marketing team has a full toolkit of video marketing solutions from stop-motion graphics and 3D animation to professional live action. Show your customers who you really are. Get in touch to set aside time to chat or give us a call today!